Tutored Digital Session
*looking to learn something new? Please check out our CLASSES HERE. *
Do you have existing experience and a specific project or skill you’re looking to work on in the Digital Fabrication Studio?
And while you can work fairly independently, you’d love access to the MakerSpace facilities and some support from our expert Technicians to progress your project or your skills?
Or perhaps you are looking for a pathway to one day becoming a MakerSpace Resident?
You, my friend, are looking for our Tutored Sessions.
3 hours, max 4 participants, and a dedicated Technician to help you:
- Make a game plan for that next project.
- Refine and resolve the design and workshop how to tackle making it.
- Refresh your machinery and tool skills, and provide safety inductions as you need them.
- Refine techniques and skills in making and machinery use.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- Tutored Sessions are intended for people who have achieved some proficiency in their selected area (Wood, Metal, Ceramics, Digital), but want a bit of support to work efficiently, hight new goals, or simply be safer in the workshop.
- If you are looking for totally new skills and this department is new to you, please check out our CLASS page – we offer one-on-one tuition if you can’t find what you’re looking for!
- If you think you’re ready to apply to be a Resident (and access the space independently), you’ll need to enroll in a Tutored Session so the relevant Technician’s can evaluate your suitability.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Book into the next available Tutored Session.
- If it is your first time, please arrive 30 minutes early so the Technician can complete your site induction and have a quick chat about your project. You might be referred to a class, one-on-one teaching or considered for a Resident position.
- Bring drawings, materials, consumables (glue, screws, nails, sandpaper, masking tape etc.) and anything else you need to work on your project. MakerSpace can recommend suppliers.
- The technician will work across the group, making sure you stay on track.
- Will you finish your project in one session? Depends on your project and your skill level, but good things take time. It will likely take several sessions, and the Tech will be happy to scope this with you as you progress.
Tuition fees do not include materials or consumables. Your instructor can guide you in this if necessary. Some facilities incur additional fees and charges, for example, welding, ceramics firing, digital fabrication equipment. These fees contribute to consumables or other operating costs. Your instructor will be happy to discuss any anticipated costs with you beforehand.